Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tears

I am sitting here with tears running down my face…  the kind that won’t stop.

We have an acquaintance (Gwen) who adopted a beautiful little girl from GLA, prior to the earthquake.  She has been a follower and friend for some time now.

In 2010, her daughter and son-in-law lost their baby at 7-months from heart/liver issues… and just today, they lost their second baby who was just about the same age.

It is hard enough to be faced with the infertility struggles alone (I know it all too well) and then to feel the complete miracle of finally being blessed with a child.  I cannot imagine the tremendous pain of losing that precious blessing.  I can't imagine losing a child at all - it would tear me apart.

This is a heart-wrenching story… I pray for the family – I cannot imagine their deep hurt.  All I could do was imagine it being Luke - he will turn 7-months in 4 days.….  Perspective hits hard and life sure doesn’t make sense at times.  I just went to Luke's crib because I needed to "be sure of him" - this one really made me step back.  I don't ever want to take things for granted...


Please read and pray for this family:  http://thesiriannifamily.blogspot.com/


For some reason this song just came to mind after I checked on Luke and it seemed that it belonged on this post.


1 comment: